...I don’t regularly take part in any fitness activity
I find that I don’t have time with all my other work, home and family commitments to regularly take part in exercise, and I’m not sure if I really want to or have the energy…
Did you know…
- A small change to your habits can make a big change to your health. Instead of going for a swift pint go for a swift swim! Or maybe you are addicted to your soap operas? Then get addicted to swimming – spend just one episode worth a week in the pool instead of on the sofa and see the improvements to your health and fitness levels.
- Inactivity, not ageing is mainly responsible for a lack of energy. Just 30 minutes of swimming 3-4 times per week can give a fantastic boost to your energy levels.
- Regular exercise improves your mood - maintain your mental well-being with 30 minutes of swimming 3-4 times per week and see improved sleep patterns, lower stress levels, greater improvements in mood and lowered incidences of anxiety and depression. So take a dip before your mood does!
- Take your health seriously – the benefits of swimming regularly are overwhelming –it prevents the risk of serious diseases such as cancer, type 2 diabetes and osteoporosis, reduces cholesterol and lowers blood pressure
- If you and your brood aren’t confident swimmers, it’s never too late to learn. As well as being fun, healthy, accessible and inexpensive, swimming is the only sport that can save your life. Unfortunately over 400 people drown in the UK every year and it’s the third most common cause of accidental death in children. Look at enrolling in swimming lessons to acquire those key skills to be safe in and around the water.
Find out more here… http://www.swimming.org/swimfit/health/